For the record: there is a patch of mine on trac with sage
-fixdoctests improvements, in particular for multiline output (sorry,
I am in the train, and unable to look up the ticket number). By
accident it did not get merged earlier, but will definitely be in sage
4.3. Feedback and further improvements are most welcome!
That's awesome!! I found your patch (#6354), and conveniently enough its been merged in sage-4.3.alpha0. I tested it out on matrix2.pyx, which as you might expect is one of the files most affected by the displayhook, and the script worked perfectly -- matrix2.pyx.out passed all its doctests. I did however notice a typo in the help text from sage -advanced that you modified: "-fixdoctest" should be "-fixdoctests". I took the liberty of opening a ticket and uploading a patch; this is now #7567.
I'm going to do sage -testall tonight and then it should be a simple matter to run fixdoctests on every file that failed. The hard part will be manually reviewing the changes, just to make sure. Thanks for your work on this Nicolas, I feel like finishing #1918 is finally feasible!
And thank you Florent for renewing interest in this ticket. If you manage to break anything, please let me know. When I finish fixing the doctests, I could definitely use a second pair of eyes to review the automatic changes too :).
To post to this group, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to email@example.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel